Physical Books or eBooks?
I do not know why people support a single thing. They should gather their Pros & Cons, and then compare. After comparison, they should land on the main thing, “Which is better.”
When it comes to reading, people either choose e-books, or hardcovers/softcovers. Both have their flaws, and it entirely depends on the user to choose.
An e-book is packed with these advantages/ Pros:
• e-books are cheaper than physical copies.
• Hundreds of e-books can be stored in an e-book reader, for example, an Amazon Kindle.
• They do not take physical space at all.
• They cannot be damaged. An e-book reader device might get damaged, but the content packed inside it won’t go loose, as long as data is saved online.
• Those who hate that awesome smell of book pages can finally get over hating them after getting an Amazon Kindle and enjoying e-books.
• They can be carried anywhere. If you have an e-book on a Kindle or a Smartphone, it is portable enough.
• You can share e-books with more than a dozen of people quite easily.
Now let’s come to an e-book’s flaws/ Cons:
• They do not smell like books, and if you like the smell, you won’t bear them at all.
• You cannot show off your book collection, as it’s an e-book and people tend to admire physical book collections more.
• Bookmarks are missed.
• You cannot take e-books in a school or place where electric devices are prohibited.
Now, let’s see what a book has for Pros/ advantages:
• They smell good (only for that smell lovers).
• You can carry them in Gadget Prohibited Places.
• You can show off your book collection.
• You can sell them.
• You can use physical prints for self-defense, just in case.
Now let’s come to a book’s flaws/ Cons:
• They can take hell lot of space.
• Physical copies once get wet, won’t be restored.
• They are costlier than e-books.
• A collection is a pain-in-the-ass to carry.
• Their pages can get ruined, and even the cover.
• Once you lose a physical book, you have less chance of getting it back.
So now, you decide which one is better.